If you’re planning your next beach break, Guided Holiday, cruise or a visit to family & friends overseas, then here is all you need to know about the new level 1 lockdown international travel and restrictions
- Travellers will only be able to use one of the land border posts that have remained open during lockdown – especially if you’re self-driving regionally to one of our neighbouring countries.
- Travellers are now allowed to fly out from one these international airports: King Shaka International, Cape Town International, OR Tambo International, Lanseria and Kruger Mpumalanga International.
- Local travellers will need to keep in mind that curfew has now extended to 12am (midnight) and 4am, and that alcohol sales have reopened to normal hours.
- All cinemas, theatres, casinos, museums and bars have a closing time of 23h00, and all public swimming pools, beaches and public parks remain open to visitors.
- Do remember that indoor gatherings are restricted to a maximum of 100 people, and outdoor gatherings to a maximum of 250 people (but within 50% of their carrying capacity).
If you’re returning by either air or land, or if you have a family member or friend arriving in the country, the following applies:
- Travellers will need to present a negative PCR Covid-19 test result not older than 72 hours from time of departure.
- If a traveller arrives in South Africa without a valid PCR test they will be tested at their own cost. A Positive test will result in them being placed in quarantine at their own cost. A negative test result allows them to continue through the port of entry
- All travellers must complete an Entry Health Screen Form either prior to or on arrival in South Africa.
- Make sure you are always wearing your mask within the airport or port of entry, and that you practice responsible social distancing.
All travellers will be required to install the Covid Alert South Africa mobile app. You can easily download this on the App Store and on Google Play.
At Pentravel, we’re always looking for ways to easily provide you with the travel tips you require. With every country having different regulations in place, let us do the homework for you, so you can travel with peace of mind.
We can’t wait to explore more, see more and experience more! If you’re wanting to plan your end of year trip or are thinking about 2021 international travel, get in touch with us!
Contact us on WhatsApp