At Pentravel, we offer a range of KZN holiday packages, including weekend getaways for couples, family holidays, and honeymoon escapes. Whether you're seeking a tranquil bush break, a beachside retreat, or an adventure through the Drakensberg Mountains, our KZN holiday specials are designed to make your experience truly unforgettable.
KwaZulu Natal boasts a wealth of attractions that will delight every traveller. Here are some of the must-visit places and activities to include in your KZN itinerary:
- Durban beaches: Relax on the golden sands of Durban's world-renowned beaches, where you can enjoy sun, surf, and a vibrant beachfront atmosphere.
- Drakensberg Mountains: Embark on hiking and outdoor adventures in the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains, known for their dramatic landscapes and breathtaking vistas.
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park: Explore the UNESCO-listed iSimangaliso Wetland Park, a haven for wildlife enthusiasts, with opportunities for safaris, birdwatching, and water-based activities.
- Zululand cultural experiences: Immerse yourself in Zulu culture with visits to cultural villages, where you can learn about traditional practices, dance, and cuisine.
- Midlands Meander: From Mooi River to Hilton, Karkloof to the Drakensberg, the Midlands Meander is a jewel in the heart of KZN and well worth exploring, for both local and international visitors.
- What are the attractions found in KZN? KwaZulu Natal is renowned for its diverse attractions. From stunning coastlines to lush mountain ranges, and cultural experiences to wildlife encounters, KZN offers something for everyone. Explore our KZN holiday packages to discover the captivating attractions that make this province a top travel destination.
KwaZulu Natal Travel Tips
- Currency: The official currency in South Africa, including KZN, is the South African Rand (ZAR). Credit cards are widely accepted, but it's advisable to carry some cash, especially in rural areas.
- Language: English is the primary language spoken in KZN, making communication with locals convenient for international travellers.
- Weather: KZN enjoys a subtropical climate with warm, humid summers and mild winters. Be prepared for varying weather conditions depending on the time of year.
- Safety: Kwazulu Natal is generally safe for travellers. However, exercise standard safety precautions, such as safeguarding your belongings and being aware of your surroundings.
KwaZulu Natal Travel Facts
- KZN is home to the Zulu people, known for their rich cultural heritage and historical significance.
- The province offers a diverse range of outdoor activities, from wildlife safaris to water sports.
- Durban, the largest city in KZN, is known for its multiculturalism and delicious street food.